We’re taking a sensible approach to the evolving situation with Coronavirus by following all Government advice to make sure we can continue to serve our customers and protect our people.
Trimless Plaster-in Downlight - Twin Lamp
Easy to Install Design - Suitable for DIY
Product Ref: 6266£36.52 inc VAT
A twin fixed downlight for mains GU10 base lamps, halogen or LED. A deep lamp recess and trimless looks create a modern, low profile style lighting effect.
Twin lamp downlight gives maximum light in your space.
This fixture can be installed without a plaster skim coat; the simple design means you can joint fill the gap with plasterboard joint tape and filler, rub down and paint. Some trimless downlights can be a bit of a fiddle to install. This is the easiest of those on the market with a simple spring clip holding the lamp in place.
Installation is easy for end users and contractors...
- Put on some clean gloves!
- Wire in the mains supply and pull the lamp holder through the fixture so it can be accessed after installation.
- Cut a square hole, angle the fixture and insert into the ceiling.
- Lower the fixture and the lugs sit on top of the plasterboard.
- While holding the fixture down put two screws through the plasterboard, through the lugs and fix in place.
- Plaster or fill the gap, allow this to dry.
- When dry insert lamp and position spring clip to retain the lamp.
- Take off gloves and pat yourself on the back.
Desired recess depth 150mm - to ease installation.
NOTE: because this downlight is designed for plasterboard ceilings up to 12.5mm thick. The fixed brackets cannot be adjusted for deeper ceilings.
|Number Of Lamps||2|
|Lamp Type||GU10 Base Mains Lamps|
|Dimmable?||Yes - on standard dimmer |
(TRIAC or leading edge)
|Suggested Void Depth||150mm|
|Wiring Details||Class 1 - Requires an Earth Connection|
|PDF Document(s)||View PDF|
I`m currently going through a Reno and would like to plan in these lights. However the details state it is designed for 12.5mm plasterboard. We are going to overboard current ceiling with 12.5mm can I still install these lights?
Do you need a firehood for this lamp even if we are going to use a LED lamp? We live in Norway and I think it is accuired here. What is the lampbox made of? Is it of a heat and flameproof material? Is the voltage 230V?