We're still delivering to our customers safely. Since the latest Government advice we've made some changes to safeguard you and our team, including doorstep deliveries only and no requirement to sign.
Trimless Plaster-in Downlight - Square
Easy to Install Design - Suitable for DIY-ERS
Product Ref: 6267£26.06 inc VAT
A fixed square downlight for mains GU10 base lamps - halogen or LED. A deep lamp recess and trimless looks create a modern, low profile style lighting effect.
This fixture can be installed without a plaster skim coat; the simple design means you can joint fill the gap with plasterboard joint tape and filler, rub down and paint. Some trimless downlights can be a bit of a fiddle to install. This is the easiest of those on the market with a simple spring clip holding the lamp in place.
Installation is easy for end users and contractors...
- Put on some clean gloves!
- Wire in the mains supply and pull the lamp holder through the fixture so it can be accessed after installation.
- Cut a square hole, angle the fixture and insert into the ceiling.
- Lower the fixture and the lugs sit on top of the plasterboard.
- While holding the fixture down put two screws through the plasterboard, through the lugs and fix in place.
- Plaster or fill the gap, allow this to dry.
- When dry insert lamp and position spring clip to retain the lamp
- Take off gloves and pat yourself on the back!
Desired recess depth 150mm - to ease installation.
NOTE: because this downlight it designed for plasterboard ceilings up to 12.5mm thick. The fixed brackets cannot be adjusted for deeper ceilings.
|Number Of Lamps||1|
|Lamp Type||GU10 Base Mains Lamps|
|Dimmable?||Yes - on standard dimmer |
(TRIAC or leading edge)
|Suggested Void Depth||150mm|
|Wiring Details||Class 1 - Requires an Earth Connection|
|PDF Document(s)||View PDF|
Can you confirm the dimensions please?
Is this designed to work best with 12.5mm plasterboard in that the lip protrudes 3-4mm beyond 12.5mm plasterboard, so when skimmed gives a flat surface/edge?