Trimless Plaster-in Downlight - Square
Easy to Install Design - Suitable for DIY-ERS
Product Ref: 6267£24.63 inc VAT
A fixed square downlight for mains GU10 base lamps - halogen or LED. A deep lamp recess and trimless looks create a modern, low profile style lighting effect.
This fixture can be installed without a plaster skim coat; the simple design means you can joint fill the gap with plasterboard joint tape and filler, rub down and paint. Some trimless downlights can be a bit of a fiddle to install. This is the easiest of those on the market with a simple spring clip holding the lamp in place.
Installation is easy for end users and contractors...
- Put on some clean gloves!
- Wire in the mains supply and pull the lamp holder through the fixture so it can be accessed after installation.
- Cut a square hole, angle the fixture and insert into the ceiling.
- Lower the fixture and the lugs sit on top of the plasterboard.
- While holding the fixture down put two screws through the plasterboard, through the lugs and fix in place.
- Plaster or fill the gap, allow this to dry.
- When dry insert lamp and position spring clip to retain the lamp
- Take off gloves and pat yourself on the back!
Desired recess depth 150mm - to ease installation.
NOTE: because this downlight it designed for plasterboard ceilings up to 12.5mm thick. The fixed brackets cannot be adjusted for deeper ceilings.
|Number Of Lamps||1|
|Lamp Type||GU10 Base Mains Lamps|
|Dimmable?||Yes - on standard dimmer |
(TRIAC or leading edge)
|Suggested Void Depth||150mm|
|Wiring Details||Class 1 - Requires an Earth Connection|
|PDF Document(s)||View PDF|
Can you confirm the dimensions please?
Is this designed to work best with 12.5mm plasterboard in that the lip protrudes 3-4mm beyond 12.5mm plasterboard, so when skimmed gives a flat surface/edge?