Slow freight at UK ports is impacting some orders, we will do everything we can to maintain quoted delivery times but there may be some delays. Read More..
If you require your goods by a specific date do provide specific details to the comments box on the checkout page.
Most delays are affected in terms of a few days, when we know the interruptions will be longer we will endeavour to contact you with updates.
Things may improve soon but do please bear with us during these difficult times.
Low-Glare Trimless Plaster-In Recessed Downlight For GU10 Mains Lamps
For use with GU10 Lamps - Halogen or LED
Product Ref: 41011£16.85 inc VAT
These low glare fixed gypsum plaster-in recessed downlights are for use with mains GU10 base lamps, either halogen or LED.
Often described as baffle downlights, as the lamp is positioned higher than the ceiling line to reduce discomforting glare.
For longer lamp life and energy efficiency, we would recommend using the LED lamp which can be purchased in standard or dimmable options.
These downlights create a modern, low profile style lighting effect and are very popular in the modern home.
This downlight is designed for use in 12.5mm single sheet plasterboard ceilings.
Installation is easy for first-time users and contractors:
- Put on some clean gloves!
- Wire in the mains supply and pull the lamp holder through the fixture so it can be accessed after installation
- Cut a round hole, angle the fixture and insert into the ceiling
- Lower the fixture and the lugs sit on top of the plasterboard
- While holding the fixture down put two screws through the plasterboard through the lugs and fix in place
- Plaster or fill the gap, allow this to dry
- When dry insert lamp and position spring clip to retain the lamp.
- Paint the ceiling and surround.
- Stand back and admire your work.
Lamps are not included giving you the freedom to choose the type of bulb you would like to use.
|Number Of Lamps||1|
|Lamp Type||GU10 Base Mains Lamps|
|Suggested Void Depth||180mm|
|Wiring Details||Class 2 - Double Insulated - Requires no Earth Connection|
Once installed, how would you change the bulb after it has failed in the future, please?
Would you know if these can be used in the U.S. with respect to building codes?
I am interested in using these in a variety of locations. What depth of ceiling is required to fit them?